*Please note that this Pledge is only open to the private sector (all companies and investors).
By joining the Zero Hunger Private Sector Pledge, your company recognizes the role the private sector has to support other stakeholders in achieving zero hunger by 2030 and commits to contribute to this effort.
Step 1: Review the conditions
By joining the Pledge, your company accepts the following conditions and guiding principles:
- Your company must make a financial commitment, including a monetary value, in at least one of the 10 high-impact intervention areas based on the new evidence.
- Your company must make the investment in at least one of the 90 priority countries or regions or a financial commitment for global research and development (R&D).
- Your company must name the partners it will work with to achieve the action: these could include one of the implementing organizations; another international or regional organization; the local, regional, or national government; or another civil society organization.
- Your company agrees, through the signing of the pledge document, to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, including those applicable in the country(ies) they pledge to support and all other countries where they are based and operating, if any.
- Your company agrees to commit to uphold internationally accepted principles, including but not limited to the Principles for Responsible Investment in Agriculture and Food Systems of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS-RAI), the International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes, the Principles of the UN Global Compact, and the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights.
- Your company shall be able to report on resources allocation, progress, impact and challenges in the context of the agreed collaboration.
Disclaimer: A company pledge is a non-binding statement of the company’s proposed investments plans. It is not intended to create any legally enforceable rights or obligations of the company or its affiliates. The signing of this pledge shall not be deemed to establish either party as the agent of the other party or create a legal partnership or joint venture between the parties.
The signing of this pledge and pledge approval does not guarantee partnership with the selected implementing organization and does not constitute any form of endorsement or due diligence clearance by the partner organizations. The partnership is activated – and can possibly be promoted if agreed by both parties – only once a formal binding partnership agreement is signed and in accordance with that partnership agreement.
The pledge screening process
By clicking on the “Start Pledge” button above, you will be redirected to an external site to fill in the Pledge form.